Below is the recipe I use for my basic buttercream mix, if you prefer a dairy free, almost pure white butterless buttercream using Trex, do not use this recipe, use the one I have here. If you'd like a chocolate version, see here.
- 120g Softened Butter or Margerine
- 280g Icing Sugar
- A measure of water or milk
- Cream the softened butter, the longer you cream it, the paler it becomes
- Add your icing sugar, a little at a time and mix in well
- Once all your icing sugar has been added and you find the mixture too stiff, add a little of your water or milk to get the consistency you require.