Delicious and simple pumpkin spice cookies, great for baking with the kids. You can leave them plain or decorate with some writing icing and / or decorations.
You will need:
- 350g plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 3tsp pimplin spice*
- 125g butter or margerine
- 175g soft brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 4tbsp golden syrup
* If you don't have any pumpkin spice, why not make your own - see here
- Sift and mix together all the dry ingredients.
- Rub in the butter to this mixture until it looks like breadcrumbs.
- Gently beat the egg with the syrup.
- Add this to your breadcrumb mix and stir in until such a time that you can et your hands in there - the mix should clean the bowl of all lose ingredients
- Pre-heat the oven to 180*C / 350*F / Gas #4
- Leave the mix to rest in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes
- Line your baking tray(s) with grease proof / parchment paper
- Roll the dough to about 5mm or 1/4 inch thick
- Using your cutters, cut out your shapes and place them on the trays, leaving a gap in between
- Bake for 12*15mins or unil light and golden.
- When cooked, leave on the tray for about 10mins then move them onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Decorate as you wish