A step-by-step picture guide on how to make a fondant
Christmas tree cupcake topper
using a star cutter
For this you will need:
- Green fondant
- White fondant star
- Glitter spray
- A cocktail stick
- Small / Medium star cutters in three sizes
Note: Add a dab of water / edible glue to each star before adding the next one
Step 1: Cut out your stars
Step 2: Start stacking
Using your cocktail stick, start stacking your stars, in reverse order - always keep cocktail stick in the centre of each piece. Keep one small star until the end.
Start with the smallest star and place cocktail stick in centre
Once you have added the two small stars, move onto the medium stars
Keep stacking with the four medium ones, then
Move onto the biggest four
Step 3: Time for the topper
- Place your work onto the surface that you will be drying it out on, with a little parchment paper.
- Gently remove the cocktail stick using a twisting motion.
- Add a dab of water and then add your final small star to the top.
- Using a little extra green fondant, make a small, flat-bottomed cone to top off the tree
Step 4: Add your small star and sprinkle with some festive magic
Or in this case, a little edible glitter
I'd like to thank my niece, Sadie, for helping me
with the picture above
Also available on InstructalesInstructales
Click image above